Barley khichdi for weight loss is easy to make dish with healthy vegetables. And helpful to reduce weight up to 10 kg in a month.
If you are on a diet or want to lose some weight then try this barley recipe for weight loss in your dinner or lunch.
Barley is a superfood and this barley khichdi made with vegetables is a power-packed complete meal for weight loss.
Mainly khichdi is made with rice and moong dal which is easily digestible and good for the stomach, but here I have used barley with some healthy vegetables to give it a delicious taste.
As barley is a superfood, it has a lot of health benefits. It is rich in fiber and helps to reduce weight and lowers cholesterol levels.
Barley is a good source of nutrients like it has molybdenum, manganese, dietary fiber, and selenium and also a good source of copper, vitamin B1, chromium, phosphorus, magnesium, and niacin.
If you are in a hurry then make this super healthy weight loss barley khichdi, as this takes very little time to make.
This is a simple, healthy, and delicious meal. Barley is also good for diabetic people as it reduces sugar level also.
In India, we call it “jaw”. This barley khichdi or jaw khichdi is quick and easy to make.
Weight Loss Barkey Khichdi
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 Cup Barley
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 6 Curry leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Capsicum
- 1/3 Cup Green Peas
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mixed herbs
- Take 1 cup barley and washed it properly.
- Now add barley in pressure and add 3 cup water. And cook until 4 whistles.
- barley is cooked well now we are going to make barley khichdi.
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pan on a medium flame.
- Add jeera, curry leaves and onion in it. fry for 1 min.
- Now add all the finely chopped vegetables like carrot, capsicum and green peas. Fry for 2 minutes.
- When all the vegetables cooked completely then add spices, turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder, and garam masala.
- Mix well now add steamed barley in it and mix all.
- After that add salt according to your taste.
- You can replace your normal salt with Himalayan pink salt.
- You can add green chilis also if you want to eat more spicy.
- You can add more vegetables as per your availability
Barley Khichdi For Weight Loss Step By Step Recipe
- Take 1 cup barley and wash it properly.
2. Put in a pressure cooker and add 3 cup water in it and cook for 4 whistles on a high flame.
3. Now barley is cooked. Lets make barley weight loss khichdi.
4. Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pan on a medium flame.
5. Add 1 tbsp Jeera/Cumin seeds, curry leaves,and onion. Fry for 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
6. Now add all the finely chopped vegetables, carrot capsicum and also add green beans. cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium flame.
7. Now add spices 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp garam masala,and cook for another 1 minute on a medium flame.
8. Now add steamed barley in it and mix all.
9. Add salt according to your taste. You can replace your normal salt with Himalayan pink salt to get good and fast result in weight loss.
10. Now super healthy barley khichdi for weight loss is ready to serve hot.
Enjoy you super healthy meal and reduce your weight up to 10 kg in a month.
I hope you like this barley khichdi for weight loss recipe. Try this recipe and share your experience in our comment section.
This is a super healthy and easy way to make this quick recipe. Share with your friends too so that they can get the healthy benefit of this amazing meal.
If you have any complaints or suggestions regarding our recipe then feel free to contact us. Thank you for you valuable time.
Enjoy you weight loss journey.