Quick, crunchy, and tasty moong dal pakoda recipe.
Made with a healthy split moong dal, is the most favorite dish among all.
This is the most favorite evening snack with hot tea of every Indian household.
You can call it PAKORA or PAKODA both are the same. This moong dal pakoda is cruncy outside and soft from inside.
Mumbian’s called it moong dal vada. I am sharing a full step by step recipe below with my video.
Try this healthy recipe at home and don’t forget to give your valuable comment below the recipe.
This is a very simple and flavorful recipe which gives awesome taste.
You will find a variety of pakodas around you but moong dal pakoda is the most lovable and healthy dish I have found.
I almost make different types of Pakoda at home for my kids, I always keep coming back to these Moong Pakoda.
My kids also love moong dal pakoda a lot. They always ask me to make these pakodas on a rainy evening and in cold winters.
- Also Read: Bread Pulao Recipe
- Also Read: Tomato Onion Chutney
So lets get started this crunchy moong dal pakoda recipe.
Moong Dal Pakoda Recipe
- 1 cup split moong dal
- 2 tbsp Rice flor
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp Sooji
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Degi mirchi
- 1 Green chili
- 1 Onion
Making Moong Dal Dough
- wash and soak for split yellow moong dal for around 3 to 4 hours to get soft pakodas.
- After 3 to 4 hours drain the water completely and add it to a blender jar and blend a smooth paste add 1 tbsp water if required.
- Now add rice flor and poppy seeds to give a crunchy taste.
- Now add sooji also and add all the spices.
- Add chopped onion and green chili as per your taste.
- Now mix all the ingredients well and check the salt if required add more.
Making Moong dal pakoda
- Heat oil in a deep pan on a medium flame.
- Check the oil is hot enough to fry pakodas.
- Take small portions of pakodas and dip into the hot oil. You can take it through a spoon as I have done in the video.
- Now fry them until they turn golden brown on a medium flame.
- Your moong dal pakoda is ready to serve hot.
Step By Step Moong Dal Pakoda Recipe-
Preparation of moong dal pakoda
- Wash and soak one cup split moong dal in a large bowl for about 3 to 4 hours to get soft pakods.
2. After 3 to 4 hours drain water and add dal into the blender jar and blend a smooth paste.
3. Now add 2 tbsp rice flor and 1 tbsp poppy seeds/khuskhus to give it a crunchy flavour.
4. Now add all the spices, salt, black pepper powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala and 1 tbsp sooji.
5. Mix all the spices and add 1 chopped onion and green chili to the paste.
6. Mix all the ingredients and check salt if required add more. Now pakora dough is ready.
How to Make Moong Dal Pakoda
- Heat oil in a deep thick pan on a medium flame.
2. Check the oil is hot enough to fry moong dal pakoda.
3. Now take small portions of batter and carefully dip into the hot oil and fry until it turns golden brown.
4. Make sure you fry it on a medium flame not so high or not so low.
5. When they turn golden and crisp remove them. Now your moong dal pakoda is ready to serve hot with tea or chutney.
- Must Soak moong dal for at least 3 to 4 hours otherwise it’s hard to make soft pakoda.
- Do not fry it on a low flame it becomes hard.
- Do not fry it on a high flame it will remain raw from inside.
- Onion is optional if you don’t wat you can skip this step.